I was sent this on another list and it brought questions to my mind as follows:
Do slaves HAVE rights? Have they given up the “right” to have rights when they agreed to be a slave. Are the things posted “slaves rights” or just common sense rules of living?
- i have the right to set limits, and expect them to be respected.
- i have the right to trust, providing I have earned it.
- i have the right to expect You to believe I am an intelligent, caring and loyal person.
- i have the right to ask for Your attention, without having to misbehave to get it.
- i have the right to expect You to administer Your punishment on me with care and caution.
- i have the right to question your motives, should You deny my requests, as long as I do so with the proper respect.
- i have the right to speak up if I feel O/our relationship is not giving me what I need.
- i have the right to tell You what I need in a respectful manner.
- i have the right to expect You to understand my reasons for doing so, and the right to expect You to listen with an open mind and heart.
- i have the right to walk away from our relationship if W/we cannot come to a common ground on these issues.
- i have the right to expect tenderness, love and understanding after a scene is completed, should it be what I desire.
- i have the right to ask You for that tenderness if i’ve had a bad day, or if i just feel the need for closeness, i understand that there will be times when You and i will disagree about this ~ when You will want a scene and i will not.
- i have the right to voice my opinion, and expect You to listen to and consider my reasonings, i expect You to have final word, but i expect You to wholeheartedly consider my feelings, whatever they may happen to be.
- i have the right to expect You to understand that deep trust often breeds love, and i expect You not to repel me if i tell You that i love You. For my Master i will love You, should O/our relationship move ahead, should O/our trust continue to grow.
- i have the right to expect You to tell me, at any point, if You do not feel You can return those feelings, so that i may decide what i want and need, For it is Your pleasure that adds to my own, and makes it real, And mine, that adds to Yours!
The following message and discussion came up on our discussion and education group. message
It’s got me to thinking… what do YOU think??