WANT YOUR GROUP TO GROW?
Below are some resources that can help you grow your organization to its fullest potential:
- Mistakes Even Smart Group Leaders Make
- Keywords are Critical
- Tips for Group Leaders
- What works? What doesn’t?
- How get them here??
- In case of emergency…
- Creating Events on FetLife
Tips for Advertising in Groups
- Read the rules and “stickies” for the groups you are in. Many groups will allow you to introduce your organization, especially if it is not in direct conflict with the primary group. Eg A general discussion group on a fetish may let you post an introduction if you start a local group related to that fetish.
- Introduce/promote your group in the appropriate local (state/province/country) thread(s). Include info such as: Group name, description, purpose; When, where you meet (or how to find out where); Contact information for leader(s) and/or greeter(s); Any suggestions or restrictions on conduct, attire, dress code, etc.
- Advertise Your Small Group
- FetLife Index of Groups
- New Groups Announce Yourself!
- All Things Kink – Free for organizations
Targeted Lists / Groups (if applicable, ensure your group is listed in these places)
- TNG Groups, in TNG Leaders
- TNG Links, in Under 35
- Resources – Rope Groups, in Adult Rope ARt
- New England bondage groups, in Massachusetts Bondage
- Local rope groups and events, in Rope Bondage
- Directory of poly social groups and events, in Practicing Polyamory
- AB/DL Munches
- Massive FetLife ABDL Groups Link List – By Location
- Hypnosis groups & fetishes, in Hypnomeets
- Regional hypnosis gatherings, in Erotic hypnosis
- List of Local Hypnosis Communities, in Erotic Hypnosis Communities
Groups for Owners & Moderators
- Community Leaders
- FetLife Mods
- .Group Owners and Mods
- Kink Event Planning
- UK Munch & Event Organisers
Makin’ it Pretty: Formatting posts, etc
- FetLife Formatting Functions
- LINKS…how to make a link for a group or event…..how to create event or group
- The Collective Guide to FetLife Text Formating Codes and Tricks.
Other Reading Suggestions
- All about munches & how to host them, shared with permission of and written by i999shadow
- Leadership 101 – Greeting and making people feel welcome, shared with permission of and written by allen9694
- Starting a group is the easy, keeping it growing it the hard part, shared with permission of and written by jezChelle
- Searching in the Dark, shared with permission of and written by Del.
- 13 pieces of Advice on Organizing Events., shared with permission of and written by Rigger_MorTis.
- My IMsL 2013 Keynote, shared with permission of and written by Lolita Wolf.
- Advice for group boards, shared with permission of and written by MasterMatt84.